Marshall Plexi: NOISE REDUCTION NEEDED?!!!

Skycries57

Hi, was wondering if you guys knew what to use to rid of the unwanted noise going into my VS890? I'm mic'ing my Plexi with an SM57 > M-Audio Mic Pre > RNC Compressor > VS890. I want to rid/block out the noise AFTER the amp. What is, say the BEST transparant noise reducer out there under 400.00? Thanks!

the best noise reduction for after the fact is probably going to be in software. CoolEditPro and ProTools both have Noise Reduction tools.

I would hardly describe any of them as transparent though. I've used them to clean up old tapes and source recordings for film dialog. They seem like an improvement at the time but after listening to a lot of the stuff again I am annoyed at the artifacts left after the noise reduction. It sounds like a bad MP3 encoding.

You will be much better off if you can get rid of the noise before hand. If you can hear the noise over the playing there is probably a ground problem or something.

My method of unwanted noise is by using a gate on the channel insert and the amp is loud enough that the noise is buried.

Peace,
Dennis

Back