FP10 vs. Firestudio

keyz

Right now I'm looking to upgrade my current M-Audio firewire audiophile interface so I can record drums. I also need a plenty of outputs for running loops live on stage.

I was looking at the FP10 and Firestudio by Presonus. They are in my budget ($400 - $500). They are both priced the same at $499. I'm wondering what the differences are between the two. I read up on them, but I don't really see the differences. They both have 8 mic pres... same amount of outputs, etc. Can anyone clarify? Thanks for the help.

Right now I'm looking to upgrade my current M-Audio firewire audiophile interface so I can record drums. I also need a plenty of outputs for running loops live on stage.

I was looking at the FP10 and Firestudio by Presonus. They are in my budget ($400 - $500). They are both priced the same at $499. I'm wondering what the differences are between the two. I read up on them, but I don't really see the differences. They both have 8 mic pres... same amount of outputs, etc. Can anyone clarify? Thanks for the help.

Make sure you clarify that you are talking about the Firestudio Project You will never get the 26 I/O Firestudio for $500, Any who the Firesudio Project 10 I/O is exactlly the same except the DSP mixer, the FP-10 does not have one and plus you can create up to 5 mixes at one time. cant do this with the FP-10.

I own two Firestudio's 26/26 I/O

Good deal!, Im running my Firestudio with the Presonus Monitor Station Remote and a Mackie Control Universal, Cubase SX3. where in Ohio are you located?

You will never get the 26 I/O Firestudio for $500

Actually my buddy did when he returned two MOTU interfaces. He paid a little over a grand and they swapped them out no charge. The one time Guitar Center impressed the hell out of me. The little suckers work great.

Actually my buddy did when he returned two MOTU interfaces. He paid a little over a grand and they swapped them out no charge. The one time Guitar Center impressed the hell out of me. The little suckers work great.

Yeah thats how much the 10 in 10 out Firestudio Project cost.... these are two different interfaces with the same name, I dont see GC knocking off $200 a piece for the 26 I/O Firestudio that sells for $699 .... if so he got a sweet deal.

Yep, not the studio. We made sure of that. He definitely did get a sweet deal and I'm glad that I recommended he get the MOTUs because if he hadn't, he would have paid full price on the Firestudios. Hell yeah for deal premonition!

Back