Focusrite Saffire Routing the Pre's to ADAT

fishkarma

I want to configure my Saffire to take mic signals coming in 1-8 (using the pre's) and send out 8 channels of ADAT (channels 11-18) corresponding to the mics.
i.e input 1 routed to output 11, input 2 routed to out 12 etc.

I'm not looking to use this as an interface just as a stand alone pre which due to overcomplicated/badly labeled software I can't figure out.

Can anyone with one of these help us out?
Cheers

I am pretty sure there is a button in the SaffireControlPro software that says "S.Card" and "Track". The mode you want is S.Card I believe, because it routes all of the sound directly to the outs and not through converters. I haven't done this myself with my Saffire Pro 10/10 but I know it can be done. Try the focusrite customer service if that doesn't work, I got an immediate response the one time I had to use them.

GL -Andy
OK so I need to post more before I can put URLS but just go to their site, they have a great "Answerbase"

Cheer for te reply mate, I actually figured it out. You have to set it to track mode then disconnect the firewire before ADAT is enabled. That software with it is a head wreck, but alls grand now never gonna have to open it again unless I move away from Pro Tools (I'm just using the Pres not as an interface, for which it would be locked out from working with)

Back