daisy chain furman?

heroics321 said:
...the only argument against this is that you could trip some of your bars into off mode... nothing dangerous, just annoying.

I don't understand, how would daisy chaining power strips trip some of them into off mode? If there was a surge wouldn't the first strip in the chain trip and protect the others?

Also, regarding powering your gear off one outlet, that's what I do with my studio and I have a lot of gear connected. I think that (theoretically at least) if you've got a 15 amp circuit, you should be able to draw 15 amps out of one outlet. It's not like it needs to be split among several outlets. At least that's the way I understand it, but I'm not an electrical engineer.

Okay, I get it!

I recently bought some more Tripplite ISOBar-12's and noticed that they added a feature where there is this little plastic box around the power switch. It is impossible to switch it off accidentally.

But heroics321 is correct, I have accidentally bumped the power switch to a power strip that had others chained off it, and turned the whole lot of gear off. It gets really bad when you accidentally bump the switch and then maybe a day or two later are wondering why something is not working right, only to discover it is not powered up!

that, and while your circuits might be rated at 15 amps, some of your strips may not... so it is possible to cause the internal protection circuits that are included in some of the strips to "play it safe" and cut the power. i can't see this being a big problem, but ya never know. it's just a good idea to read the specs.

Back