Behringer Ultra Voice VX2000

Roel

That SMART guy.
So? How about it? Or it's brand new digital bro VX2496?
Don't know what brand they are ripping of this time. ;) But I haven't heard anything about it here...

It's cheap, and it looks like a nice voicechannel. Well, is it? Anyone tried it? It's got a tube emulator circuit in it. Hmmm... I don't like the word emulater in there. :rolleyes:

So, any opinions?

darrin is correct - the V2000 appears to be very very close in design to the Voicemaster.

I own a Voicemaster - and I bought a V2000 (it was very low cost).

I have A/B'd them using a KSM32, an AT4047 and an MLX57 (on various vocals and on accoustic guitar) and to be real honest it holds up very well against the Voicemaster for less than 1/2 the cost (closer to 1/3 the cost).

I know Behringer is held in low esteem on this site and has a "reputation" for reverse engineering everyones designs - but I have a few pieces of Behringer gear (the pre, and EQ, a compresser and a headphone amp) and they all do the job at a reasonable price.

Untilsomeone hands me a wad of cash, I find out abot a rich relative - I must make certian buying desisions based on price - and Behringer does have competitive prices.

darrin_h2000 said:
Its a Focusrite voicemaster, expertly backward engineered by behringer, the same folks that brought us the NT2...I mean the B2.

I really hope the "tube emulation" on the Focusrite sounds better (or at least "more use-able") than the one on the VX2000, wich to me is only settable from "what the hell is this" to "completely useless".

The other parts of the VX2000 are great BTW.
IMHO.

I don't know guys. I bought one of these and took it back. Not that it didn't have some great sounds but the noise level was so high I found it unacceptable as a recording device. Maybe for live clubs where buzzing equipment is tolerated some.

It was warm sounding though.

Back