Alternative to D sub?

esun127

I asked a question related to D-subs awhile back for making my snake. Well I'm making a 16 channel snake now instead of an 8, so I'd need two D-subs on one cable. What alternatives are there to this?

no u don't

there are sooo many type of connectors out there. Just take a look at the harting connectors for example... how many strands do you want to connect? 16? 32? 48? 128? no problem.
(http://www.harting.com for more)

u don't wanna use a d-sub connector, use a stronger connection. And if it's a permanent connection, use gold plated (no corrosion)

ro

I was looking for something that could hold a fatter cable and easier to solder, but it seems like D-subs are the only way to go without breaking the bank. The connectors at harting.com are more for circuitry purposes than pro audio cable... and they too make D-subs... many of them.

Well d-sub are not strong enough to hold that massive 16x3 multicable... for example.

Harting was just an example, they DO make audio connectors (industry, circuitry, audio.. what's the difference?)
If it's for permanent use, well than any connections would suffice.
But with cabling to be dragged around with and be (re)connected few times a month (for pa for example, or portable boards) you must have solid connectors.

There are many type of connections around, a standard d-sub is a cheap sollutions which will do the job at the end.

good luck finding the connector that suits your needs.
ro

Back