Is there anything remotely like MOTU Freemidi for PC's???

Hard2Hear

I have been working in a studio with all the MOTU MIDI gear and Freemidi...lemme tell you, if you're into Midi, you NEED The MOTU units and Freemidi. The configuration is just the best thing I have ever seen. I KNOW I am going to end up buying a Mac within 6 months because of this....but is there ANYTHING out there for PC that sets up your MIDI devices???
NOT Soundiver, it sucks :)

H2H

Nevermind now I see.......

FreeMIDI is a complete MIDI operating system for the Macintosh. It ships free of charge and is automatically installed with all Mark of the Unicorn music software products. FreeMIDI is rapidly being supported by more and more third party developers. If you are a developer who is interested in participating in the future of MIDI development on the Macintosh, get the FreeMIDI dev kit.
FreeMIDI automatically detects what type of MIDI interface is connected to the Macintosh serial or USB ports, automatically detects what MIDI devices are connected to interface (it "knows" over 200 types of devices), and provides a graphical representation of their MIDI studio.

FreeMIDI also provides pop-up sound lists for over 100 popular MIDI synthesizers-as well as generic support for any General MIDI device. It even includes advanced features such as inter-application communication, multiple application real-time synchronization, and support for Digidesign's Sample Cell Nubus card.

uh, yeah...I know EXACTLY what it is. I am wondering if a similar product exists for PC. I highly doubt it. After working in a REAL studio, I know why MOTU is so highly recommended for REAL audio work.

H2H

Yes sir, I was aware you knew what is was all about, I just posted that for others to read. Anyway, as you have said, I dont know of a PC version that matches in such a way.

Back