RECORD MIDI DRUMS REALTIME WITH COMPUTER KEYBOARD SIMILAR TO GARAGEBAND but WINDOWS

LJUK

I've just got rid of my mac and have built a PC/windows set up. I used to use garageband to record my drums realtime just using my fingers on the computer keyboard, then i'd quantise and edit any mistakes (saves times programming them).
Just wondering if anyone knows of any programms on windows where I can record MIDI drums realtime with my fingers on the computer keyboard, quantise and edit them and then export each solo piece consolidated as a WAV file?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaper

Allows you to use the computer keyboard as a midi keyboard, then you could use any midi vsti for drums with it.

Demo is fully functional so you can try it out and see if it works for you.

Reaper

Allows you to use the computer keyboard as a midi keyboard, then you could use any midi vsti for drums with it.

Demo is fully functional so you can try it out and see if it works for you.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Ive downloaded it and can see that it's possible to play MIDI on the computer keyboard but there doesn't seem to be any instruments apart from one synth, just a lot of effects. I've downloaded lots of VST instruments and drums, put them in the Reaper program folder and still nothing shows up. Any ideas how to load instruments into it and i guess more importantly where to get them from? (I've clicked 'search for new plugins' in reaper btw and it's not that)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Ive downloaded it and can see that it's possible to play MIDI on the computer keyboard but there doesn't seem to be any instruments apart from one synth, just a lot of effects. I've downloaded lots of VST instruments and drums, put them in the Reaper program folder and still nothing shows up. Any ideas how to load instruments into it and i guess more importantly where to get them from? (I've clicked 'search for new plugins' in reaper btw and it's not that)

Thanks
Make sure you have Reaper point to your VST folder. You can have multiple. Downloading the Reaper manual is really essential. Reaper gives you a lot of functionality, but instruments they are very light. Reaper will handle 32 and 64 as it has a built in bridge. So, that shouldn't be a problem. Just make it has the path to your VSTs.

Make sure you have Reaper point to your VST folder. You can have multiple. Downloading the Reaper manual is really essential. Reaper gives you a lot of functionality, but instruments they are very light. Reaper will handle 32 and 64 as it has a built in bridge. So, that shouldn't be a problem. Just make it has the path to your VSTs.

Thanks for the reply. It was helpful. Sent Reaper to the right place. I have installed Addictive Drums and some other things and it's sounding pretty good.

Back