Problems recording a MIDI out on Boss GT6 - Help please

AfroSonic

Hey,

Has any one ever recorded a midi out line from a Boss GT-6 into a DAW via a MIDI- USB transformer?

Trying to record a guitar line as a midi track but the DAW (Cubase, on a laptop) doesn't seem to be picking up the input.

I'm not sure if its...
1. my midi config on the app or
2. if the Boss is just useless
3. if you can record midi signals over USB?

Anyway.. if anyone knows what Im talking about and can help any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

The midi in/midi out on the GT-6 has nothing to do with audio or converting what you are playing on guitar into midi data.

The midi is for using the GT-6 to send program changes or whatnot to another midi device or having another midi device control the GT-6, like changing the program/patch/effect settings, etc. I believe there is a software editor where you can make changes to patches and stuff on the computer and load them into the GT6 and vice versa to store all your settings on the computer as a backup.

You'll need to use the audio outs on the GT-6 to do anything with the guitar signal....not midi.

Very true, midi guitar is a whole other thing. I use a Rolangd VG-99 to get midi. You also need a hexaphonic pickup with a guitar to midi converter. Do some googling. There are whole forums devoted to midi guitar.

The midi in/midi out on the GT-6 has nothing to do with audio or converting what you are playing on guitar into midi data.

Thanks for the comment Wish, I had suspected that from reading the manual alright.

Very true, midi guitar is a whole other thing. I use a Rolangd VG-99 to get midi. You also need a hexaphonic pickup with a guitar to midi converter. Do some googling. There are whole forums devoted to midi guitar.

Will do, thanks. I have the guitar recording as an audio input through a ZOOM H4 but I'd like to be able to manipulate the guitar input as midi so a bit of leg work is required to get the right equipment (and for cheap if possible)

Thanks both; defo clarified what I need to do. If anyone else has any suggestions on suitable equipment for what I'm trying to do please hollar..

Thanks for the comment Wish, I had suspected that from reading the manual alright.

Will do, thanks. I have the guitar recording as an audio input through a ZOOM H4 but I'd like to be able to manipulate the guitar input as midi so a bit of leg work is required to get the right equipment (and for cheap if possible)

Thanks both; defo clarified what I need to do. If anyone else has any suggestions on suitable equipment for what I'm trying to do please hollar..

Roland makes a line of midi stuff for guitars that consist of a pick up and a brain to convert it to midi. None of it is cheap though

http://www.samash.com/p/GR20 and GK3 Guitar Synthesizer System_-49991082

Back