Need Help with Midi sounds

Cal D

I am presently working on a song that needs a slick sax or trumpet solo. I know that there are some amazing midi sounds out there but my sound card, for whatever reason, can't produce the sizzling sound I am looking for.

I am attaching a section of the song with a lame version of the solo. What I am wondering, is whether anyone out there can play the solo for me using some nice midi sounds. If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a wav file with just the solo (no background music at all).

I would like to then use that wav file and insert it into my song. What I'm really after is some quality sound. The solo must follow the timing set out is the attached file.

You can either e-mail to me songwriter@cogeco.ca , or, if you e-mail me a link where you can post it, i can retrieve it from there.

I really appreciate anyone who'd be willing to help me. You'll notice that the solo is brief and rather simple.

I hope this is an appropriate post for this forum.

Thanks so much for reading this! Hoping to hear from you (pardon the pun)..;-)

Attachments

• solo.mp3
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
If you want a MIDI file back, why not post the MIDI file? Then all someone has to do is open it and play it back with a good trumpert patch and send you back the audio. This way they have to learn the part and play it. You're reducing the list of people potentially willing to help you out by a significant amount...

Midi

I like your idea but I'm new to midi and I don't know how to record and make the final output be a midi file. i can record a wav file but don't know how to save as a midi file. Any advice?

It should be a piece of cake. What software are you using to to record and play the MIDI part? If it records MIDI data into a track, it should allow you to save the MIDI tracks as a Standard MIDI file as well as whatever native format the application uses for itself. Check out the software's Help system or your manual.

Midi

I am using Cool Edit Pro. It allows you to insert a prerecorded midi file into the multitrack session but I don't know if it actually records midi files. I know it can use a pre-resorded midi file but I don't know how it records midi's. I don't seem to find a reference in the manual.

What keyboard do you have anyway ? Some come with internal sequencer with FD, that brings you an option to save your song in SMF... Save them as .mid file, open in your PC, post here the .mid ;)

Keybaord

The keyboard is a Yamaha PSR-47. It's on older model but it does have the ability to internally record your own songs and then play them back.

There is so slot for a disk drive so although you can record yourself and play back, not sure how you'd ever get the midi file out of the keyboard.

They would undoubtedly be standard MIDI files or the disk drive would be almost worthless and pointless.

Cal
If your keyboard has a Midi out Just get the free software I pointed out or any other sequencer and you can record a Midi file and play it back throiugh your sound card.
If you have a both a Midi In and out you can record to the software and play it back through the keyboard or soundcard. Im playing around with a Yamaha psr 48 I bought for my son and his family to learn how to play. Shouldnt be too much difference between the two. You just need to get that software on your computer.
Btw I got a Pro sax player to do your solo on a keyboard so I should have it shortly.

AlChuck
This model like the psr 48 has no disk drive. It just saves it to a ram chip and you lose everything if the keyboard is turned off.
:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for ther tips and the news about the sax player. I'm looking forward to hearing the solo.

;-)

Back