Need help midi not working

sajs

I own a Terratec DMX 6Fire sound card system. For no reason at all my midi stopped working.

I tried re-installing the drivers, moving PCI board to another slot. It did not help.

I called Terratec and they said it's probably something wrong with the hardware. They wanted a $100 to exchange mine. I found a perfect one on ebay for $85. I installed the new sound card and the front bay module and the midi out still does not work.

I also own a M-Audio Uno USB midi interface and it works fine with my computer.

I really don't know what to do next. I really believe it has to do with some software file. I tried new midi cables as well.
Any suggestions?

There is a free utility out there on the web somewhere called "Midi-Ox" that can be used to diagnose the midi stream going through the computer. Google it.

Thank you. I have MidiOX. When I have the M-Audio USB midi plugged in and the midi port Activity window opened in midi-ox, the RT lights blink red. When I hit a key on my computer's keyboard, I can hear sound coming out of my Korg.

Doing the same with the Terratec the channel 1 lights up but no sound comes out. I am not sure what or how this helps me.

Is there something else in Midi-Ox I should be using to diagnose the problem?

I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers.

How is your device routed and on what channel are you sending/receiving? Sounds like your problems lies there

altitude909 said:
How is your device routed and on what channel are you sending/receiving? Sounds like your problems lies there
Well I don't really know. I never fooled with any channel stuff before and I did not change any settings on my keyboard.
Keep in mind when I use my M-Audio USB Midi my midi song plays fine on my Korg keyboard. It just won't play when I hook up the midi cable from the Terratec to my Korg. I am going from the out of my Terratec to the in of my Korg's midi.
On the Control Panel of the Terratec there are no settings for Midi only Audio playback and record settings.

One thing I noticed that might or might not have be related to my midi out problem is that under the Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment tab, mine says empty. I know that there should be some sound options there, could that be a factor?

One thing I noticed that might or might not have be related to my midi out problem is that under the Start, Programs, Accessories, Entertainment tab, mine says empty. I know that there should be some sound options there, could that be a factor?

No.

Are you sure that you are routing the MIDI messages to the Terratec MIDI Out? You select this in your MIDI app. What are you using?

AlChuck said:
No.

Are you sure that you are routing the MIDI messages to the Terratec MIDI Out? You select this in your MIDI app. What are you using?

I am using PowerTracks 10. I have the DMX selected for my midi in and out.
If it was only that simple. Thanks.

DMX 6fire MIDI Out problem

I know this is a while ago, but did anyone get to the bottom of this?

I have a similar problem, using Cubase SX3, a DMX 6fire 24/96, and a Korg Trinity V3. Everything appears to be set up correctly, but I cannot get the Korg to respond to a MIDI track in Cubase routed via the MIDI Out port on the DMX front panel.

I have also tried testing the DMX'sports by connecting them up (the MIDI cable is not the problem, BTW). I sent the MIDI track out via the DMX's MIDI out, and straight back in via the MIDI In to a new MIDI track. When I tried to record in this way onto the new MIDI track, nothing happened.

Any clues anyone?

Back