Need to Be Able to Customize MIDI Sounds, Assign Custom Sounds to Specific Keys

ibleedburgundy

The Anti-Lambo
Hey there. I am a midi n00b. My first forray into MIDI was using Garageband and a USB keyboard. I like it because it is simple. I plug in the keyboard, pick my sound, and go.

The problem is I recorded the album for my band using all sorts of random garageband sounds (lol) but I would like to do it all live. If I had a streamlined MIDI system, this would be possible. As it stands now, in GB I would have to switch back and forth from instrument to instrument right in the middle of songs. This takes time, two hands, and a mouse - not ideal for a live performance. Not to mention I am the guitarist and this MIDI stuff is just little tidbits here and there - extremely simple/uncomplex from a performance standpoint.

What I'd rather do is assign different sounds to each key (73 key midi keyboard). So instead of having to switch back and forth between sounds I want to turn on the computer and program, and simply label each key with a specific sound.

I realize in GB this may be impossible which brings me to the point of this thread: I am interested in a fully customizable MIDI program. I do not know what program that might be. I want to be able to assign specific sounds to specific keys - and not just sounds that you can purchase but also sounds that I created myself.

What program will enable me to do this for use on a Macbook pro tied with a stndard USB powered MIDI keyboard? Thanks in advance! :listeningmusic:

Back