MIDI IN stops working

Alexbt

Hello there,

I am using a Delta 1010LT, and like some other person (who was impatient and everyone got mad at), I am having a similar problem where MIDI works for a while and then gets stuck, and I am then forced to restart my G4 in order for it to start working again.

I have been to M-Audio support about this, and we have battled through it, with them arguing that my processor is not fast enough. Though if someone with a 1.2Ghz processor (DP, I think he said) is having the same problem, then M-Audio is wrong.

Any tips/suggestions?

I think I'm running the most recent drivers (unless they've updated them recently)

Thanks,

Alex

Processor not fast enough? 350mhz G4 processor? Im pretty sure it can handle a simple MIDI task. Im having the same problem as you mate, and i have a Dual 1.8ghz G5 so its definately not that. Seems like a lot of people are getting this problem... My plan is to disconnect everything, and set it all back up again, hopefully that should work, but we shall see...

My advice is to uninstall the card and reinstall it from scratch - maybe there are some ghosts in your machine that this will shake out. A Mac G4 should be up to running both the audio and midi side of Cubase without breaking a sweat...

Make sure that the input device and cable are not spewing erroneous control signals.

My cat TCP learned how to trigger funky MIDI sends from my MIDI keyboard because it is more than just a MIDI controller- it's a cheapo MIDI kybd with other features including some MUSIC files in ROM. She steps on the playback that is built in and the MIDI in is dead. The only way around her intervention is to use a sysex message to reset my MIDI software.

Alexbt said:
Hello there,

I am using a Delta 1010LT, and like some other person (who was impatient and everyone got mad at), I am having a similar problem where MIDI works for a while and then gets stuck, and I am then forced to restart my G4 in order for it to start working again.

I have been to M-Audio support about this, and we have battled through it, with them arguing that my processor is not fast enough. Though if someone with a 1.2Ghz processor (DP, I think he said) is having the same problem, then M-Audio is wrong.

Any tips/suggestions?

I think I'm running the most recent drivers (unless they've updated them recently)

Thanks,

Alex

I will Now Forever be known as the impatient asshole :(

Im using a Dual 1.25ghz

anyway what ssscientist Suggested could work.. Also what you might wanna do if you already haven't is Fix your permissions it may help and it may not but its a good thing to do once you install and uinstall Apps.. Just a good thing to know

Now if that doesn't work then you might have to roll back to some older Drivers

im gonna end up gettin a motu here soon though and toss this Delta in a Spare machine

Anyhow hope helped

Well, I was also thinking about getting a USB interface, just because this has been so annoying.

And it's really great to see some people that agree with me about the power of the G4.

I really couldn't understand why this didn't work, because I got the G4, clean install of 10.3, got the most recent drivers from M-Audio's site, installed the first Delta (which didn't work, details later), had midi problems. Got more RAM. Still had the problems, etc. I haven't uninstalled the drivers or anything. M-Audio refuses to help because they bumped up their hardware requirements.

I will attempt to re-set the card and fix the permissions.

I am a bit weary to uninstall, let alone use older drivers (like the ones on the disc that came with the Delta, since they are for some inclination of 10.1.)

Back