MIDI setup help!!! Signal detected in VST standalone, but not inside DAW??!!!

DENDRODUX

Hey everybody~

Ive got a hardware/ or software issue. This all started about a month ago when i finally bought a badaxx mini midi keyboard controller, i plug it in (USB) and it dosent play in ableton. Ok?... then starts my search of the net to find a solution. But before I tryed every posible solution under the sun i happened to open MASSIVE and it played just fine like it should. But still no dice in ableton. So after a few weeks, i figured it was a internal midi interface issue, so i returned the controller and got a Alesis PHOTON25- and the same issue remains even with a different midi controller. Ive tryed everything. And i do mean EVERYTHING (exept for a voodoo midi doll lol) So now i am posting this problem on several boards in hopes that someone will have a solution.

So far what i think could fix the problem:
-Get a external midi interface to plug the midi controller into
-Get a new soundcard (midi/joystic)
-Get a different DAW

Currently ive been trying to get it to work only by pluging the midi into the usb, and yes ive tryed every usb my comp has- no dice. So the Midi signal isnt being detected by ableton whatsoever. And even MIDI-OX dosent pick up a signal from the midi (comp keyboard only), but then i open Massive standalone and it playes fine! my hair is tuning gray over all this.. i desparately need help on this issue. If not, i hope its one of the things ive listed as a posible fix.

Thank you soo much for any advice, we were all newbees once- and i will most deff pass on any wisdom gained here on to others.

running in windows, w/ factory soundcard,

oh, and when im in massive's standalone vst the driver being used is ASIO4all v2 but in ableton i have to use MME/direct x driver because nothing will comeout the speakers if i use the asio. Also when ASIO driver is selected in the preferences menu i cant choose the "usb midi interface" as a input or output in the drop down in the MIDI sync menu... uhg

given it works for massive, I presume everything is installed correctly, but for me your problem is staring right at me. the MME/direct x is built in mic from your computer (if you try to record anything you should get an awful noise), you do not need to do anything with that. There is a different tab in preferences called "MIDI sync" in which your midi controller should appear in.

yeah im at a stand still, if my own suggestions don't work, ill just make riffs of the standalone, then draw them in on the piano roll in ableton- lame, but hey its better then making no music.

Back