MIDI data dump?

Giganova

gimmi your mic!
hiya,

I am running Emagic Logic on my pc, using the Roland VM-31000Pro controller and the RPC-1 audio card. How can I use Logic to dump data (e.g. patches and software) to my synths (Oberheim OB-12 and Korg MS2000) using MIDI?? The synths are connected via MIDI and I can send MIDI start/stop/timing signals. I dunno how to get Logic to upload patches and software that I have on my computer, though. Thankxx for your help!

I never use Emagic, but in Cakewalk, there's an Sysex (System Exclusive) option in View menu. Here you can have the Sysex dump requested. It will "ask" your synth to give an "answer" about the patches, setting, etc... you can even save it as a tinny sysex file, to reload latter...

I have logic but I don't use it for midi, sorry. Usually the best way to manage patches and sysex data is with a midi librarian/patch editor program. I used to use a program called Galaxy for the mac but I don't know what is around right now. SoundDiver makes one that looks pretty decent.

I found out how I can upload patches/software to my synths:
just have to open the MIDI files for my patches/software in my sequencer (in my case Logic), hook the synth up to my computer using a MIDI cable, and hit PLAY at my sequencer. Couldn't ne easier :-)

Back