midi cable pin assignments

crazyhorse

Wow, it's like a ghost town over here! Well, I can't lie, I try not to work with midi and this isn't really about midi music. My guitar amplifier interfaces with my computer through a midi port for updating the system software, loading new patches, etc. I have a standard midi cable and an old joystick. Can anyone tell me which wires to join to make a midi cable that will work in my pc's joystick port?
I have searched the net and could't find anything so I appreciate any feedback. Yeah, I know I could just go buy one but I hate to do that when I've got everything I need already. Plus, I love to tinker! thanx

I don't want to deter you from this quest; but the converter cable with 5-pin DIN on one end and joystick port on the other is a pretty common item. I was surprised that the pin assignments weren't spelled out in an old text I have on SB products.

Look man, I know I suck o-kay? My old lady gave me 30$ to spend on smoking supplies and that was a splurger. If you can hook me up, I'll talk S8-N into tossing your salad at the first annual Homerecording.com divorces convention!

[This message has been edited by crazyhorse (edited 12-19-1999).]

Okay, no, really, if S8-N won't, I'll talk him into bringing his drummer. (drum shot here) Sorry, you know how he likes to give people a hard though humerous time. Couldn't resist. Besides, he used to reside in a plane of the 666 layered Abyss adjacent to my current locale. I feel a strange since of kinship as if we had once shared a pitcher of bile beer together before the drugs clouded my memories.
Really though, somebody please please please tell me which wires to connect. I'll like send you a gratuitously cheesey guitar line to reject for your next song project!

Back