Midi and Audio synconization problem! PLZ HELP !

jumpingflash

Hi all!

I work with Logic Audio and a Layla sound card on Window Xp powered PC (very stable, no problems whatsoever).

My problems start whenever i connect my MOTU Midiexpress XT to the PC and try to listen to a song recorded BEFORE before i had the MIDI interface... I get the "MIDI AND AUDIO SYNC problem : the program found a 390300 sample rate".. or something like that...

The audio itself is slow and glitchy.

I guess is a problem of sync between the audio card and the MIDI interface but i cannot undferstand how to solve the problem.

The sound card is the master for syncing and i set the MIDI interface as slave... but i cannot get it to work right.

Please help me.

I checked MOTU's site for tech notes on the XT, nothing there - during playback, is the SMPTE lite on the XT lit up? Not sure, but I think it should be if the XT is synced to MTC from the Layla.

IF the audio is slow and glitchy, it sounds like the Layla isn't getting word clock, or isn't the WC master. Is the Layla the only AUDIO interface in the system? Do you have any digital sources fed into the SPDIF inputs on the Layla? If so, that could screw up WC, since the Layla can use the SPDIF in as a WC sync source.

In matters of sync, there are lots of ways to get things confused. The only way I know of to avoid some of these is to make sure the same type of sync is being discussed. It helps to refer to MTC, SMPTE, or Word Clock (WC) during a discussion, so nothing is left to interpretation.

I have an older (20bit) Layla, but am going strictly by guess/research on the MOTU stuff.

Please post back if you still can't solve the problem - sorry it took so long to respond, been working 80+ hours a week lately... Steve

Back