Trying to pick between these two mics

Bigsnake00

Blue Baby Bottle
or
Shure SM7B

I know these are two different beasts, but I am having trouble making a decision. This is going to be my main vocal mic. My voice is sorta nasaly sounding. Will be recording folk-rock type stuff, some very quiet some very loud. I would also like to use it to record a small guitar amp, but like I said mainly vocals. I guess any personal reviews/input on these mics would be helpful. I know many artists use the SM7.
thanks in advance

The Shure is a staple in many vocal mic lockers. The baby bottle is not so widely used for vocals, although many use it for vox.

Have you narrowed things down to these two after trying many mics? Vocal mics are rather personal. As far as double duty as a guitar cab mic, I dunno. You might want to focus on the best vocal mic for your needs first and if it serves well in other applications, cool.

You will always have a use for both. Is this your first mic? I like the sm7 on most voices. If your budget is $500 there are a lot more recommendations to be made. What is the rest of your signal chain?

Bigsnake00 said:
Blue Baby Bottle
or
Shure SM7B

I know these are two different beasts, but I am having trouble making a decision. This is going to be my main vocal mic. My voice is sorta nasaly sounding. Will be recording folk-rock type stuff, some very quiet some very loud. I would also like to use it to record a small guitar amp, but like I said mainly vocals. I guess any personal reviews/input on these mics would be helpful. I know many artists use the SM7.
thanks in advance

I have both mics and a nasal voice. Get the SM7.

Blue Robbie into a Presonus Firepod.....it wont first my first mic (haha), but just an addition to the cabinet. I do have around 500 to spend, and would love more suggestions. I am leaning toward the SM7 due to is credibility, but am still open to suggestions

Get the SM7 and save up for a SP T3 or AT 4060 or one of those TT's from ADK. Now, how do you like the Robbie, I saw one today at GC and was a bit frightened ( I'm over it now)

Without having a clue about mic's, there is that Sennheiser Md441 (i think the name is), that you can get on ebay for 250-400 dollars...It looks better than the sm7 don't it? I like dynamics live of course...but in the studio i don't like the sound of them (of those recordings i suspect of being made with a dynamic for vocals, and yes there are loads), so I would get a condenser (Ksm44, Mxlv77/v69, Sp T3, Rode K2, Groove Tubes Gt66 ).
I just heard about the names, not the sound of the mics!

I have both the senn 441 and the Shure. I use both but the sm7 gets pulled out and stays out more often with better results.

Back