Newb question about studio projects B1

jcook

Hey all,

I have a really really stupid question (i think) about the shock mounts that come with the studio project B1's. My question is, how do i mount it to a mic stand :) It seems the shock mounts have a smaller thread on them than the standard mic stand thread and it wont attach onto the stand. Do I need an adapter or am i missing something really obvious?

Thanks

My compliments to you in asking the question. You are on your voyage of knowledge acquisition, let no pompous ass stand in your way young squire!

Big Kenny said:
My compliments to you in asking the question. You are on your voyage of knowledge acquisition, let no pompous ass stand in your way young squire!
I wasn't trying to be a pompous ass, I was mearly suggesting that reading the manual would answer his question, and give him the answers to many more questions that haven't come up yet. I have found on my 'voyage of knowledge acquisition' that reading manuals helps me get the most out of my gear. :o

crazydoc said:
Unscrew the brass insert from the center with a dime, and then try it. :)

Yup. And keep the inserts - you'll need them if you ever buy European-made booms or stands (like AKGs, which have the smaller metric threads). Congrats on your purchase of some really cool mics! You'll get lots of use from them. ;)

Back