Nakamichi?

sparkmonkey

I have absolutely stumbled on a matching pair of Nakamichi 300m's for free!!!

All I have is the C-1 Capsule for both.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the other capsules for these?

Thanks,

Tyler

The Nakamichi 300s were made for Nakamichi by Primo, and Primo had the same mic in their line, with both capsules. Keep an eye out for Primos since they are absolutly identical except for color and the name.

Yeah, I have a pair of these mics too (CM300 same mic?). They used to belong to my dad. Fortunately he picked up both the cardioid and omni capsules when he bought them (who knows when). Finding the batteries can be tough too...

Harvey, do you have an opinion or comments about these mics? I've been thinking about getting a pair of Marshall 603's or Oktava Mc012's and I'm curious to know how those compare/differ to the Nakamichis. I'm sorry if that's a totally ignorant question, but I really don't know and I'd be very grateful to hear from someone who is familiar with all three mics. I've mostly used them for overheads, piano, and live stereo recordings.

thanks,

Saxman72

The Nakamichi 300 series mics are made by Primo, a mid-priced Japanese mic maker that supplies mics under a number of different labels. They're an ok mic, good, but not great. They're in great demand by "stealth tapers" (people who sneak recorders into concerts to tape live shows) since they're self powered.

Back