MXL603s w/25' Cable, is this a good deal?

wes480

Its for 2 of the MXL603s's and 2 25' mic cables...for $160, so that puts them at 80 a piece...which, I know is the high end of their pricing...

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=1558&Category=Microphones

I like 8thstreet and all. Really my question is, are those 25' cables worth having? I have 2 monster cables...and some fairly cheap one from guitar center...right now.

I am not adverse to having good cables...but, i don't know how big of a difference it will make. I am using an Aardvark Q10.

Basically, on budget mics etc, I guess I am inclined to say that there is no problem with budget cables...

So unless someone tells me that these cables are just a rip off, then I guess I will buy this package. 2 25' cables will end up costing me 50 bucks or so...and, that makes the mics a pretty reasonable deal

If anyone knows a better deal though...do tell. If I could just find the 603s's for 50-60 a piece...I'd rather do it that way, and just know that I have good cables.

yeah they are way cool looking.....

as to whether the cables are crap or not, i cant honestly tell ya....i got a free cable from Abe Music with my v67 and it was pretty bottom of the line as far as cables go.......dont know if 8th street will pawn off crap also......

This is how I see it... if the mic cables were close to good-quality, they would say so. I'm sure you're not getting Switchcraft or other reputable-brand connectors.

I payed $79 a piece for my 603s' from 8th Street, without the free cables, and I'm not regretting not getting those free cables. I would go for it. I don't think you'll see the 603s for $50 for a LONG time. Yeah, at one point, they were selling for that.

Keep the cables for emergencies. Who knows? Somewhere down the road, you may be need them for whatever reason. Or, Sell 'em to your friends for $20... then you can say you paid $160 for your 603s'.

Bowisc
NYC

Back