Marshall V67B or Studio Projects B1

Mastermindzz

$100

I'm looking for decent mic for a Hip Hop and R& B studio, I have already purchased a Studio Projects B1 preamp, I'm looking at purchasing a Marshall V67B or Studio Projects B1, both are similar in price, which one ?????

Studio Projects doesn't make a B1 preamp, they make the VTB-1 preamp, and I own both the Studio Projects B1 and Marshall MXLV67G mic and I like them both. But, if I could only have one or the other, I'd most likely take the Marshall MXLV67G.

Re: Re: Marshall V67B or Studio Projects B1

DJL said:
But, if I could only have one or the other, I'd most likely take the Marshall MXLV67G.

Why? I'd love to hear what the perceived differences are from someone who has both.

Thanks,
-lee-

Re: Re: Re: Marshall V67B or Studio Projects B1

laptoppop said:
Why? I'd love to hear what the perceived differences are from someone who has both.

Thanks,
-lee-

Because, I like the Marshall MXLV67G shockmount (MXL57) better than the Studio Projects B1 shockmount (LQ-21) other than that, I like both mic's. Also I kind of put the Marshall MXLV67G in the same category as the Studio Projects C1 and Rode NT1, I don't know why, I just do.

Last edited:
Mastermindzz said:
Sorry i meant I bought the VTB1, I was in a rush !!!

That's ok, I had a feeling you meant the Studio Projects VTB-1 preamp, which buy-the-way is a good little preamp. I bought two of them.

I have both mics. The 67 (I have the "G" gold version) has more "character," for lack of a better term. I find it pleasing on some voices, a bit muddy on others. Not particularly good on acoustic guitars, but really shines on some voices. Some compare it favorably with the C-1, a more expensive mic.

The B-1 is more neutral, more clear, but without the harsh high end that many mics this cheap seem to impart. Works passably well on acoustic guitar. Supposed to be a nice on a guitar amp, but I have yet to try mine on it.

As a vocal mic it works well on some voices. A vocalist I work with, with a powerful, midrangey voice, sounds better on the B-1 than the V-67.

Hope this helps,

Fab

Back