Fig-8's out side- wind noise

mixsit

I was hoping for some advice on trying something with a pair of cad-179's on a kit for gig tomorrow. Point the null at the amps on either side of the kit, and being its outside nothing but space to the back sides. But- my search says that pattern is even worse with wind than cardioid.
Don't have proper fluffies' for them but do have some foam I could wrap them with.
Winds 10-20 forecast too. Damn.
What'd ya think?

You can imagine, no really abouts any would do the thing by preventing the first air blast or what ever hitting the now created space of the air not moving so rapidly to the capsule
the foam one acting lilke the dead space. Wool is a good offer and will work better than most but must be clean and dark or black to work, heh !

Matti

You can imagine, no really abouts any would do the thing by preventing the first air blast or what ever hitting the now created space of the air not moving so rapidly to the capsule
the foam one acting lilke the dead space. Wool is a good offer and will work better than most but must be clean and dark or black to work, heh !

Matti

???? You've beaten me into submission with that!

I would go with something different with the winds that high and hope to use the Fig-of-8 cads on a better day.

I ended up using one- the other side would have been 18" from this guys foor monitor (I asked him to keep it low as possible, we'll see how it came out when I get this stuff bounced into the computer...

I ended up using one- the other side would have been 18" from this guys foor monitor (I asked him to keep it low as possible, we'll see how it came out when I get this stuff bounced into the computer...

I'll be curious to hear how it came out.

Back