Clip-on mics for Brass wackyness

elbandito

potential lunch winner
My sax guy wants to start using a clip on mic for his alto. He also wants to run it thru some wacky guitar effects. I've been doing some research for him and have found a few that fit within his budget and my standards for a microphone, but I'm curious as to why every one I've found is a condenser. I can't seem to find a single clip-on dynamic. Why is this? It seems to me that in the context of a live situation (not to mention his want to use floor effects), a dynamic mic for brass would be preferable.

Further, how can I power the mic AND run it thru floor effects? Obviously, the phantom-powered DI would have to be directly attached to the mic but then he'd have to run that into the effects and then into ANOTHER DI? That seems crazy and too complicated to me. Any of you have an idea or previous experience that you can share?

Seems a bit bulky, I think. 60g for the e609, versus the 8g for the AT pro35ax for example. But I suppose it's too much to hope that I can find a dynamic mic that weighs less than 10g. :(

Have you seen one? kinda small.

Maybe you should check out the Naiant microphone site you'll find what you need there.

Jon has one microphone there that is a dynamic.

Back