Can't get my MXL 990 to record

pretendradio

I just received my MXL 990 condenser mic from Musicians Friend today and everything looked fine when I unboxed so I went ahead and hooked it up to my mixer. I use a Yamaha MW12CX USB mixer that provides phantom power but I can't get anything to record through my MXL 990. I've never used a mic that requires phantom power so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. My Shure PG58s work so I know it's not the mixer or cables. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

yeah what the other guy said. you have to use an xlr to xlr you cant use xlr to 1/4". Also make sure you have the phantom power switch flipped =P

I should of said that I do have the phantom power switch on and I'm using XLR to XLR. Not sure what's going on. Thanks for the feedback.

Try it at a friend's house to see if it works on his mixer. Or take it to a music store to test. If all else fails, mail it back for a refund or replacement. It's pretty annoying when you get a new toy and it doesn't work!!! Good luck!

Back