B Stock 603s

caleb2438

What do you think of a pair of B stock 603s?. The seller claims they are perfect except for a dress ring at the top. Apparently they are the result of earlier production.

caleb2438 said:
90 usd. I can't try them out because he lives too far away. What the hell is a dress ring?
I believe it's a small ring that's just inside the edge of the body in front of the capsule screen. I'm not sure if it's for anything besides looks, but a quick call to Marshall will clear that up. If they say it's just for looks, I'd offer him less or at least get him to throw in shipping cost. If it's for more than looks, I'd offer more less.

caleb2438 said:
What do you think of a pair of B stock 603s?. The seller claims they are perfect except for a dress ring at the top. Apparently they are the result of earlier production.
Who's selling B stock MXL603S... do you have a link? How much $ are they? Oh, and I have one MXL603S that is missing the ring... and it still sounds great.

That's a good deal... buy it. Also the seller has a perfect ID card... either use "Buy It Now" or try and win the bid. Deleat your above link to improve your chances... good luck.

Ah, you know what you might want to watch out for is the reason MXL now has their own factory in China was because the quality of the Feilo factory-made mics were getting too inconsistent. I, personally, would not buy an "early production" of the 603.

The new MXL-made 603S's are inexpensive anyway.

Dan Richards
Digital Pro Sound
The Listening Sessions

The Guy selling used to work for mxl. I talked to him on the phone he's a really honest sounding guy. He's sold hundreds of these he said. I bought two and I'll let you know how they sound. And the reason any company gets a factory in China is obviously to cut production costs.

Back