What's the biggest XP MIDI patchbay?

I know only of 8x8. I have 2 Emagic AMT8s wired together for 16 in and 16 out. I also have a MOTU Timepiece ATV that I was using when I needed more gosintos and gozouttas. They all worked fine together.

I'm assuming this is for a DAW, right? Then you should be able to link most newer units together to get what you need.

Digi design MIDI I/O is 10x10 but extremly pricey. If you are truely running out of options you can always run two soundcards. Then you can double it. Some are linkable as well, i forget which ones of the top of my head.

TragikRemix said:
yeah the digi midi i/o is like $500 i thinik.

i want one anyway..
Well, i think for the features, there are better alternatives. I don't know how well this would work but you could take an 8x8 and have your main ins and outs (what would go to your final sequencer) and instead of routing that back to your sequencer, route it to another midi bay. Then you could add 6 more ins and outs with an 8x8 bay.

The other way i would think would work very well would be to have two bays if you sequecer has multiple midi ins and outs. Like an mpc for example has 2. Or you could run two off your computer by using it two soundcards. I didn't have a midi bay so i had two m-audio cards. Works find in PT, i don't know about other programs. Use the same concept, one bay for each card.

The last way would be to chain your critical (or maybe your non critical) devices to save those ins and outs. Do it depending on your flow.

These are all "theortical" to me as i first just chained, then used two cards, never need more than that. But i think it would work.

Back