theeee cheapest

wesley tanner

what is THEEEEE cheapest I can get a sound module for? I dont' care about what sounds or the quality of the sounds, I just need something to monitor the sound while I record the midi for use with a soft synth. I'll take anything...

You could get a soft synth for free. There are a few out there.

If you need a hardware module, you could get something like an old Proteus on eBay for around $50. Any 16 bit GM should be under $50.

Carl

wesley tanner said:
what is THEEEEE cheapest I can get a sound module for?
Go here. In the left hand column second from the top is a menu item that says 'instruments, effects...'

Click there. Then do a search for Triangle II, Synth One, Free Alpha, Karma Killer, etc etc etc. --- These are all free soft synths.

If you still need a hardware module I recommend ebay.

I've already got a ton of soft synths, I have a controller, but I can't record with the latency, so I'm lookin' for a hardware module to monitor my sound while I record. thanks, btw, I'll check all of those out.

"I can't record with the latency..."

You didn't mention that before. (We are not responsible for your lack of info...)

Any decent soundcard will let you adjust the latency to a point were it is irrelevant (less than 15-30ms is undetectable by human ears). If you're working with a POS Creative card on onboard soundcard, spend $100 and move up to a decent 24-bit card.

wesley tanner said:
I've already got a ton of soft synths, I have a controller, but I can't record with the latency, so I'm lookin' for a hardware module to monitor my sound while I record. thanks, btw, I'll check all of those out.

get an old emu or roland board or sound module...

Back