stage piano

cortexx said:
Oh yes Granada services , used to take my girl friends there when i was a broke teen for Hot Chocolate :D , it worked everytime ;)

Thats one of the main reasons I left the UK , I had a house but it was 25% in negative equity in the mid nghties , the job market was bleak , every job , even minimum wage jobs had 300-400 applicants , the price of clothes and food was sky rocketing even back then. I did alot of research and decided to move to Canada/North America to get ahead in life. Canada won because we get snow :D , 1/2 decent healthcare system and are less likely to get bombed by the Middle East ( in my opinion anyways ).

2 years here and I managed to get further in life than i did in 14 years in England, too bad really because I would still rather live where i grew up , I used to surf alot which i can't do here and of course i miss my family. I found it a bit of a culture shock moving here , every corner has a drive through burger joint and sadley one of the first things that noticed when i landed here was the level of obesity , it's even worse in the states . People in Canada are very friendly as a general rule, hot women ;) ohh and the coffee and bacon is worth coming here for alone :D

If you say "ehhh" after everything you'll fit in fine ;)

I read everything you said with interest cortexx, I never thought I would consider leaving this country but I feel desperately let down by the housing prices, it's just not right. Doubt if I'll ever have the guts to leave but if you know a few guys who want to start up a band, might be all it takes lol (oh and the hot women, coffee and bacon! and at my age i'm still considering the order :) )

Cazzbar said:
I read everything you said with interest cortexx, I never thought I would consider leaving this country but I feel desperately let down by the housing prices, it's just not right. Doubt if I'll ever have the guts to leave but if you know a few guys who want to start up a band, might be all it takes lol (oh and the hot women, coffee and bacon! and at my age i'm still considering the order :) )

Haha yes the housing prices are retarded , one of my biggest gripes. There are a ton of bands here locally ,i get bugged all the time to play keyboards because there are hardly any keyboard players around. Most want to play guitar , drums base etc , not many people seem to want to invest the time it takes to play a keyboard. I don't play in a band , i play in solitary confinement in my studio :D I dont think I would be able to go on stage and perform , i'm pretty shy ;) .

Actually I live in Brantford near hamilton , not too many hot women here it's pretty redneck , most of the women are hairyer than their husbands and are openmouth breathers. Toronto are where the prime time ladies live , there is a ratio of 4 women to each guy there apparently :D

Of course im married etc ( found the only hot women in Brantford 10 years agon ) .. so my personal order is coffee , bacon and turning my nose up at the local trolls ;)

I was a bedroom performer as well, so to speak, for 15 years... then 4 years ago my friend invited me along to his band practice and I've been hooked ever since. I'm still shy though, hardly ever look anybody in the eye whilst playing (which isn't good for stage presence!) The nerves about an hour before you play are terrible, adrenaline gets you through the performance, and the best bit is when you've finished! Hopefully get a few handshakes, have a beer and think... ****, we survived! (honestly you need to try it!!)

Roland XV-5050 or XV-2020 with SRX-02 card in it. Drive with any 88 key midi keyboard (M-Audio ??)

Set up Grand on SRX_02 with a hint of A-002 bright piano (volume=80/127)

If you try a SRX-11 card you'll probably be happier again.

You'll be playing this for hours.

Got the SP-250

Got the SP-250 Wednesday. I was suprised how heavy the box was when I dragged it in from the deck.

Any way it's a good 10lbs lighter than the QS8. It sounds very very close to an acoustic piano. I like the layered sounds too especially pianos and strings.
The built in amp is fairly loud plenty for personal use but really needs an external amp for any thing louder than an acoustic instrument. Not enough volume to play with drums though. The action is pretty good but the keys feel like they are made from some really cheap slippery plastic. Not as nice as and the Yamaha CP33 but the sound sames are equal to it.

I think it is a keeper. But then again I don't to much about keyboards.

Back