Roland xp-30 in Canada?

jumpmanjr

I've considered buying an xp-30 on ebay from the US but it would just cost me too much... by the time I add on exchange, tax, and duty, the markup would be about 80%. Does anyone know where I could pick up an xp-30 in Canada? Let me kow if anyone sees one.

Hey jumpmanjr...don't know if any of the following will pertain to your situation there in your location in Canada but I will offer this perpective...I live in quite a rural area (the extreme Southwest region of the state of Virginia, U.S.A. in the notorious Appalachian moutain range)...Although most people don't live in shacks and walk around bare-footed (like some may think) it is not a place to find an abundance of cutting-edge musical technology...still if one keeps an eye out and is patient, even here, one can find decent used gear from time to time...

Does your area have a "penny-pincher" or "trading post" type paper that contains used items for sale...you could regularly check the "for sale" sections of regular local newspapers also...you could call any musical instrument stores within a days drive and ask them what they have used, if they take trade-ins, etc. and to keep you in mind if something comes their way (I've seen bulletin boards in music stores where people post used instruments for sale)...it is even possible that the bigger musical-instrument outlets that have websites might have used gear for sale. As a last resort (and with due caution) one could explore the pawn-shop route (brick and mortar, and online)...bigger cities might offer greater opportunities if you can access them...I'm sorry, I don't know much about Canada really...maybe I am way off base with these suggestions...I'm just trying to brain-storm your situation.

Another 2 cents (for what it's worth)...it seems you have put a lot into picking one specific "make and model" of keyboard and I think, all things considered, it is a decent choice, but (again my opinion) there is a lot of decent boards from the late 90's- onward that could probably get the same job done...if you expanded your list of possibilities to four or five keyboards (instead of just one) then you would increase your chances for success of finding a keyboard...just a thought...I don't want to dilute your focus if that is going to bring you down...if you are determined toward the XP-30, then I hope you find one.

mawtangent said:
...it seems you have put a lot into picking one specific "make and model" of keyboard and I think, all things considered, it is a decent choice, but (again my opinion) there is a lot of decent boards from the late 90's- onward that could probably get the same job done
Well said. I second that concept.

You might try these guys, they have stores in Ottawa and Toronto:

http://www.songbirdmusic.com/

They are not showing a Roland XP-30 available right now, but they certainly have plenty of other keyboards to choose from. They've got a Roland JV-80 and Korg O1W, for example. Anyway, you might contact them and see if they have an XP-30 or can get you one.

I called Steve's in Toronto and Long and McQuade... neither have a roland xp-30. I also tried songbirdmusic; nice selction ubt no xp-30. Two stores had the Juno-D for $699 Cdn. If anyone sees a new or used xp-30 from a private or public dealer located in Canada please let me know.

I am an hour outside of Toronto... would be willing to drive to Toronto to pick it up. I don't want to order from the states though because then I get hit with exchange, duty, shipping, etc... it would end up being about a 200% mark-up.

jumpmanjr said:
I am an hour outside of Toronto... would be willing to drive to Toronto to pick it up. I don't want to order from the states though because then I get hit with exchange, duty, shipping, etc... it would end up being about a 200% mark-up.

Been there ... and regreted the FN duties, GST and ADMIN Fees

Wanna buy my Roland D-70 ?

I'm in Scarberia / Scarlem

Thanks for the offer Jmegabyte but I am set on getting a Roland xp-30. Unfortunately, they seem to be in short supply right now.. I guess I will just have to wait until I see an affordabe one in Canada.

Thanks for replying to my post.
Peter.

Back