roland keyboard

ametth

Sir Cool of Coronado
anybody have any comments on the roland EP7MKII keyboard? I'm looking to buy one. It seems like a good one. thanks

ametth

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that particular keyboard, but I have a Roland workstation and two Roland top-of-the-line sound modules. They've worked fine for years, and work especially well for live performances. My only complaints are when they're used for recording. The workstation disk drive generates a whiny background noise regardless of the send levels (that's why I bought the modules to use for recording), and I'd really prefer all of my Roland gear had a higher output. When I set the volumes (at the keyboard or module) to 3/4 or above, there is some ambient noise I'd rather not have. It's no big deal for live work, and even when recording it's not a problem when the instruments are generating sound, but it is an irritant.

If you're looking for a live instrument, I've had good luck with all my Roland products. If you're looking for a recording instrument, I'd go to the store, gradually bring the keyboard's volume to 10 without playing, and listen for the ambient noise relative to the instrument's output.

Cheers!
Ron

Back