Novation X Station, Korg Legacy opinions?

Springo

I've been looking for my first midi controller keyboard, and of course the more that I look into it, the more that I want, and the more expensive the gear gets. You know the story...

I do have the $500 for the Novation X Station although it was more than I wanted to spend (what happened to that $199 target anyway?). But it looks like it does a lot, and I should be able to learn and grow with it and not need to upgrade any time soon.

But since I am now looking in that price range, I also like the Korg Legacy collection with the midi controller that has the patch bay. I listened to some sounds and they are incredible. Exactly what I want to sound like. But I wonder how flexible it is as a midi controller, other than when working with the Korg Legacy stuff. And also, the X station is a synth that as well that is supposed to get some incredible sounds. Right now I can afford one good tool so it needs to be flexible - and I am guessing that the X Station would be more flexible than the Korg Legacy, but that Korg sure sounds nice, and in the end it is all about the sound. However I might be able to coax some incredible sounds out of the X station as well.

My current software includes Reason 3.0, Acid 5.0 and possibly Fruity Loops and Cubase in the future when I have some more dough. But right now it's time for me to buy a controller.

I am a noobie to MIDI bit not music. And opinions? Thanks

Last edited:
Back