Nord Modular

sweet...

I assume that means that if I buy one, I will not need to buy another synth ever... Opposed to given a list of synths, this would be the last one I would need...

Based on what I've seen, I assume it you mean it is as awesome as it looks!!!

Just clarifying... (It looks almost too good to be true)...

ubik music...

Exactly. Well, you MIGHT need more than one, but... :)

You can emulate most other analog synths failry reasonably with it. I quickly recreated my favourite bass synth, the Sequential Circuits ProOne on it. There are a couple of TB-303 patches on the net (although I mostly use ReBorth for that).

Also, I wanted to buy a SID station because of it's unique gritty sound. However, I realized that that grittiness came from it's 8-but digital oscillators, and themodular has a module to set the bit depth of a sound, so I tried that, and sure enough, works like a charm.

The SID stations are pieces of garbage anyhow... completely unreliable, which sucks because they sound so cool. Terrible engineering and poor craftsmanship, too bad such a good idea was so horribly carried out.

ubik,

You really cannot lose with this synth. I purchased it early in June and it's an extremely influential piece of hardware. This machine is the heart of Clavia, and they have stated on Modular Day 2001 that they plan to always support the machine and continue writing the editor software. You can spend a lot of time with this synth and get so much out of it. It's worth it.

Brandon.

P.S. The Nord Modular mailing list is hosted via http://code404.com/nord-modular/ and a lot of experienced and cool guys swap e-mails about patches and anything strictly Modular.

I appreciate all of the replies... I guess I have no choice but to get one :)

you guys rock!!!

Back