Need a small, yet functional midi controller

ilikecheese

I need a keyboard(nothing fancy) that is capable of putting down piano tracks, yet, can travel just about anywhere.......any suggestions?

I use both an MAudio Oxygen8 v2 and a Keystation 61es.

The Oxygen8 has more knobs and better control over MIDI functions, is 25 keys, and has ok action. Good for synth-style stuff, but the action leaves a bit to be desired for piano. Goes for around $140 new.

The Keystation is pretty basic, but has nice action and is pretty light. It's bigger (as it's 61 keys), but it's perfect for piano (semi-weighted, I think). I wish it had any knobs or sliders, but for $160 I knew what I was getting.

Hope this helps

I've been looking at the Keystation 49e Controller which is the same as the 61e but with less keys...the 61 would be nice, but I don't know if I can deal with the size(because this has to be as portable as possible)..........the Oxygen is two small because I'm gonna have to have more keys than that...........I also have been looking at the Kontrol49 by Korg. It's priced at around $400, so I don't know if it's worth it....but it has a lot of other midi controls.

Back