Kawai 608 electric piano help please

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

The other night we had a Kawai 608 fall into our laps. For those who aren't familiar with this, check out this link.

http://www.melmusic.com.au/articles/oddities5.html

Unfortunately the previous owner is not available for comment, so I'm left trying to figure this beast out. It's definitely worth the effort, but I've not been too successful thus far... My question is this;

I'm baffled as to how the keyboard is suspended across the large U-brackets. In the shell section that covers the area that the keyboard swings into, there is a recessed area with a couple of thin straps. It would appear that there may be something there that would install across the U-brackets to support the keyboard. Is this a correct assumption? If so, what is it? A strap? A crossbar? I can't see any connection points for a crossbar, so I'm thinking of trying a couple 1.5 in. nylon straps running between the U-Brackets and cinched up tight, resting the keyboard on these.

Anybody with any information on this fascinating instrument please let me know...

Thanks!

Mark P.
Sherbet Studios
Peabody, MA

That looks pretty cool. How does it sound?

Sorry I cant help with the assembly, good luck. You might try searching for info on www.google.com If there is any info on the net you will probably find it there. You could also try emailing somebody at Kawai and see if they can locate a manual.

Good luck.

Back