Alesis QSR & Sonar--bank change problem

shackx2

I've just got a quick question that I'm going to post a couple of different places.

I just got a QSR (ebay--great deal!) and I'm using it with Sonar. I've imported the sound list for the QS7 because they don't have a sound list for the QSR, but it's supposed to be (and seems to be) the same sample set.

I've connect the QSR to my computer via the serial port. Everything is working great except if I change banks in the channel on Sonar, it's not changing the banks in the QSR. It will change the patch numbers (and names) just fine, but I can't get it to change the banks.

Any ideas? Thanks.

-shack

I know that this is very OLD but I had the same problem and just figured it out.

1. In order to accept bank change messages, the QSR must have General MIDI set to OFF. Press Edit, select bank up until GLOBAL shows and go to page 3 and turn Genrl MIDI to OFF.

2. In SONAR go to instruments and select DEFINE. The QSR uses Controller 0 method to switch Banks. Make sure it's set to Controller 0. You can drag Controller 0 over to the Bank Select Method and it will change.

Now when you switch banks in Sonar the QSR should switch to the correct bank.

Back