Alesis Photon 25

Nyce

Hi, I purchased a Alesis Photon 25 midi controller was curious what you guys know about them. Are they good? Im using mine for fruity loops edition five.

You're looking for reassurance that you made a smart buy?

Alesis has been making quality stuff for at least two decades, some better than others but by now they're in the big leagues of instrument manufacturing. ADAT's, the Andromeda, the Midi-, Quadra-, Micro- and Picoverb line and the dreaded 3630 compressor are some of the highlights and lowlights of their product line.

Why don't you tell us how you find it?

Build quality, ease of use, key feel, suitability for purpose, and just plain old general impressions.

I havent received the keyboard yet but I will let you guys know once I get it.
What do you mean by how " Why don't you tell us how you find it?".
Thanks for the feedback as well.

Nyce said:
What do you mean by how " Why don't you tell us how you find it?".
That means post your opinions.

YOUR opinions are the only ones that matter since it's your gear. Whatever we have to say doesn't mean shit if you're not happy with something...

I am still waiting for package. It should be here by the 5th or 6th of january and today is the 5th.

I got the keyboard and It suites my needs pretty well. The keys are pretty accurate. I like the Octave button as well, Thats a cool feature. I havent got to know it that well, Im still learning.

I got one of these for christmas, and for a basic midi controller, it fits the bill. Having said that, the MIDI ins and outs are shit; it is hard as hell just to get a cable plugged in and working. I am only using the usb though, so that doesn't really bother me to much.

I use USB as well. The keyboard doesnt always turn on though and I couldnt install the audio driver that came with it. I e mailed a tec support from Alesis and they said that you dont need the audio driver because its a plug & play.
Besides the power problem it works well.

Reactions: SRR
Back