Surprised by Squier

Brad

I admit it - I have secretly wanted a 7 string guitar since the first KoRn album came out, but they were always a little out of my price range for a guitar that I knew I wouldn't play all the time. So I figured I would wait til a crappy brand put out a 7 string for cheap. When I heard Guitar Pecker had Squier Stagemaster 7's on sale this weekend for $149, I went out and got one. Now, I admit that the guitar is no masterpiece, but for $149, it doesn't play or sound all that bad. I am quite surprised - hopefully it holds up for a while.

Just thought I would pass this along. I may even post an mp3 down in the clinic tonight noodling with it - if anyone gives a crap.

Low B rad

i wouldnt be surprised....as youve heard a million times, for the cheaper models, companies usually skimp on things like quality control and components like frets, tuners, knobs, and all that...does that mean you cant get a decent guitar for cheap?....no, because you can....youll just be looking to replace the frets in a few years, the knobs will squeak, tuners will be worn and youll have to sell it to some sucker for $200 instead....

Back