Rock'n through the decades, night after night, doesn't that get old?

Fusioninspace,
I have to agree with that. Even my own heroes look like they are just going through the paces when they trot out the same old favourites.

The exceptions are artists like Paul Weller who had the integrity to break the Jam up when they were at the top of their game, and who incidentally is writing great songs and performing live better than ever. (Going to see him this Saturday.)

Mike.

What if AC/DC wanted to explore West African love songs?

Keep in mind that bands like AC/DC tour x amount of weeks per year - they then have down time - which can allow them to explore other musical styles.

When I read about various artists, I'm often surprised to see that they may play on recordings or have side projects which are very different than the music they play on stadium tours.

If musicians want or need other musical stimuli, they can find it - and it may actually be easier at the level of an AC/DC than it is for the local bar band (since the local guys either need to hold done a day gig or need to gig 300 plus days a year to survive) - which can leave little time to explore multiple musical styles.

Back