Recording guitar to PC

Caleb

I know I'm hopeless.
I've been trying to record guitar through the mic input of my sblive card.
I have a zoom 707 which I run it through and I wanted to know how to I get a clear sound through the line in plug or mic? I can't seem to get it working perfectly. I had it working on my old ensonique card. i don't want to buy a mixer etc. Please help!

a) don't use the microphone input. Reasons for this can be found 1000 times over on this BBS. Use the Line In port only.

b) If your effects processor doesn't provide any sort of cabinet emulation...your sound is going to suck. Remember that there's more to your sound than just a preamp!

c) try micing your rig, which will require a decent microphone and a preamp.

d) get a good DI outfit like the POD from Line6.

Slackmaster 2000

There are several ways to do it. First of all never use mic input of sb!!!!
POD is great but a little expensive.
I use tech 21 sans amp or Rockamn X100, they're way cheaper.
Another way is buy a 15W practice amp and mic that. I bought a VOX pathfinder sounds great!
to listen the sound I make with SB card and Vox pathfinder, check out my site
burak

I used to own a Zoom 707 before I got the POD. The Zoom is good for clean sounds and a bit of distortion, but anything more than that and you'll have to get the POD, or some other good multifx preamp like the Digitech RP2000 or Korg AX1000G.

Make sure that you are getting a stereo input into the line in. I'm using RCA cables to a 1/8" converter that goes into the line in.

Back