OLD LESPAUL

hippynote

CAME ACROSS AN 76 LESPAUL DELUXE THE OTHER DAY PLAYING THRU 64 FENDER DELUXE THE FRONT PICK UP SOUNDS WARM AND CREAMY JUST LIKE YOU'D WANT BRIDGE PICK UP THIN AND CLANKY LIKE ITS OUT OF PHASE I CHECKED ITS NOT GOT ANY IDEAS THIS INSTRUMENT IS PERFECT UN TOUCHED ANY RESISTANCE TESTS I COULD DO THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

First of all, please learn how to use a period at the end of each sentence... thank you.
Now, for the Les Paul question.
Ask any luthier (that's a guys who makes and works on guitars, for those of you in Rio Linda)... and he'll tell you that Gibson made shitty Les Pauls from the mid to late 70's. They were so bad that Ibanez made much better Les Pauls and was kicking Gibson's ass in sales. Gibson sued Ibanez, won, and started to make better L/P's... in order to save thier reputation and not go out of business.
I would do some serious homework on that guitar... especially since it's from that timeframe.
Lastly... if you don't LOVE every single thing about the guitar (or any guitar for that matter).. don't buy it. Wait for something that has ALL the tones you want... not "half" of what you want.

Back