NOISE: Strat vs Carvin V220t

VTgreen81

Our guitarist is recording his strat, and we're getting noise which we've determined is being produced by the guitar, just minimal static, but enough to be a problem. Would we get better results with the Carvin? I'm just a drummer so I don't know much about guitars but would the humbuckers in the Carvin be less noisy than the Fender's single coil pickups?

VTgreen81 said:
Our guitarist is recording his strat, and we're getting noise which we've determined is being produced by the guitar, just minimal static, but enough to be a problem. Would we get better results with the Carvin? I'm just a drummer so I don't know much about guitars but would the humbuckers in the Carvin be less noisy than the Fender's single coil pickups?

Isolate the amp in a different room than the guitar. That works pretty well for me. Also, if you are not setup to do that you can use a noise gate. The noise is part of the strat sound.

Thanks,
we're not micing the amp, he's going in direct. I'm a bit nervous about gating just because the problem spots are real quiet and I'm afraid to lose part of the guitar. (yeah I'm still pretty green)

We found and fixed the noise.

You guys who know what you're doing are either gonna laugh or think we're stupid.

Ok, so, Strat into Guitar processor-to DMP3-to delta 1010. noisy as @#$%^&*. :confused:

So switch the processor and preamp, makes more sense to add the gain earlier anyway. Just as noisy :mad:

Wait a minute, :rolleyes: the processor must have it's own preamp, drop the dmp3 out of the chain................. Oh that's sweet :D :D :D

Yeah baby :cool:

Gotta give props to the wife on this one :o , my brainy bootylicious babe.

Back