NIN guitar sound?

eddybee said:
yo all you need is the Digitech X series it could sound like anything i use the Digitech grunge pedal distortion , multi chours x-series, hyper phase x-series, synth wah/envelope filter x-series there's just so many settings to fiddle with
Our band does some NIN covers and couldn't sound any better, This month the digitech df-7 distortion factory x-series is coming out and that pedal is dope check out there site you could test all the pedals online digitech.com
For a fact i know NIN uses ernie ball super slinky strings check out our demos at www.myspace.com/delacroix laterz ...........Eddy

Nothing like drudging up a 6 year old thread to give your advice on it.

At least Trent himself replied.

Trent Reznor said:
That was my little brother posting those. Yeah, my little brother Johnny Reznor really needs to learn about keyboards! :D

hey trent, how about the guitar you promised to send me last summer?

the guy with long hair and the 'local crew boss' pass. werchter.

thnx in advance.

my favorite drums are from a NIN song,
can't recall the name since i don't have a memory,
its from further down the spiral, probably 'self destruct' or something

in the beginning of the song they sound so huge, like if they're played in an immense basement,
in the end of the song it all goes kinda accousticly (and u hear the sound of a pair of scissors that replace the hihat) , on this spot there is no more reverb on the drums and they sound THIN as hell,
in my ears it sounds like exactly the same drumkit, but maybe without FX

so i bet that if u want to sound like NiN that u have to experiment with every single effect u can find :D

earworm said:
my favorite drums are from a NIN song,
can't recall the name since i don't have a memory,
its from further down the spiral, probably 'self destruct' or something

in the beginning of the song they sound so huge, like if they're played in an immense basement,
in the end of the song it all goes kinda accousticly (and u hear the sound of a pair of scissors that replace the hihat) , on this spot there is no more reverb on the drums and they sound THIN as hell,
in my ears it sounds like exactly the same drumkit, but maybe without FX

so i bet that if u want to sound like NiN that u have to experiment with every single effect u can find :D

Nope, no huge secret about the drums you're talking about. What we did was set up the drums on in the bed of my pickup truck. At the beginning of the song the truck was in a parking garage, then later in the song the truck left the parking garage and drove to a park. You might notice a few bird-like sounds, that's actually just the drum mics picking up some ambient noise. And the scissor sound you hear was a landscaping crew pruning the bushes. :D

Sheesh! Someone gave me negative rep because they don't have a sense of humor. :rolleyes: Lame-O

And I think it's someone who knows me from my website! Lame-O Shame-O!

NIN guitar sound? 02-14-2006 18:00 You're NOT Trent Reznor

"Reznor"-I don't think you're funny at all and it is even more "lame-o" that you're NOT Trent Reznor. :(

I'm the one who dropped you two rep points for impersonating one of my all- time favorite artists. :P

At least those wonderful folks up here like Harvey Gerst and the such can and HAVE proven who they are. Can you? You will have to, even if you ARE Trent Reznor himself. We'll see to it as a collective if you want to be recognized for what you really are or not or you'll just get banned because of this publicity stunt of your's. Simple as that...but I'm posting this to bring this to a head right now.

FORUM:
This person is an admin from another smaller forum site trying to generate more click-throughs to his own site. (I'm not even going to provide the link because that's what he wants-more clicks). I know the game. He comes up here, causing confusion and undermining the integrity of this forum with this act and I think it sucks, it's dishonest and unethical big time. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I'd be totally cool with him if he just didn't put on the act of being the actual TR or lame-o excuse that it was his brother posting when someone presses him. I'd say let's make a move to ban this weasel but I want to give him a last chance to either come clean and admit he isn't TR or take this to the DAW to prove he is.

If anyone looks in his profile and through all his past threads/replies, the answer is in there if y'all wanna see for yourselves.

TR:
If you want to continue this act and keep impersonating someone you're not, we'll just do a songwriting shootout/mixdown DAW-to-DAW to prove who you are if you want to keep this silly ruse up....but I'm sure you'll come up with a lame-o excuse not to do so. You either put up or shut up around here...and if you are who you say you are, you can whip my ass no problem on the mixer.

This is all I'm going to type about this...the rest, we'll simply take to the DAW. No more talk between me and you. Just DAW to DAW. You name the time and the forum. ;)

Has anyone ever told you that the internet is serious fucking business? :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that I'm making it clear that I'm not Mr. Reznor. I apologize that you don't see the absurdity of the things I've said and the sarcasm I use. If you had a brain and a sense of humour you would have realized that long ago. Your negative rep makes no difference because others have given me positive rep for having a good sense of humor. I'm sorry you're so disappointed that I'm not actually Trent, and you're just now realizing this. :)

Oh and quit trying to be a mod, you're just making yourself look like an ass. ;)

Trent Reznor said:
Your negative rep makes no difference because others have given me positive rep for having a good sense of humor. :)

Dude, you have 3 rep points. It is not like people are falling over laughing at this stuff. What if Trent came on here and wanted to sign up. Now he is screwed because you took his name and now he will have to do something silly like "Trent Reznor39283". Or he won't even sign up at all and we will miss out on the knowledgeble help of one of the greatest artists to grace the airwaves.

Anyone remember the good old days of internet fights were "come on over, and I'll lay a beatin on ya" Now its DAW vs. DAW!

I love it!

Huh?

So he's NOT Trent Reznor?
Man, I thought I was gonna get a virtual autograph....

Now I just wanna beat someone with my mouse.... :mad:

Mindcore said:
Anyone remember the good old days of internet fights were "come on over, and I'll lay a beatin on ya" Now its DAW vs. DAW!

I love it!

LOL, I was wondering if I was the only one that found that hilarious. I didn't want to say anything though because I didn't want the guy to feel any dumber. The fact is that there's nothing to fight about. He saw things the wrong way somehow, so I have no reason to be upset. I excuse his words because he just didn't get the joke until now. No harm, no foul. I actually respect his views about people using gimmick names, because it's quite confusing at times to people who are new to the internet and forums. :)

HAW HAW HAW. I saw things exactly as you all did and I'm glad you got the same almost indiscernable humor of what I said TR (at the expense of ALL my 3 meager rep points).

It's not that I didn't get the joke, fell for it or am dumb. TR already understands that the joke was perpetuated too long and would've been too convincing to a starry eyed noob. He has his own forum for these type of mind-games. The guitar forum here isn't exactly the place for this caliber of chuckles, if ya know what I mean. The Cave...well that's a whole different playground.

Excuse me for giving two craps about the integrity of this place. Hey someone had to play the jacka** about it.

TR, Thanks for being a sport about this. To show you how alright I am, I'm giving your rep back for admitting it was all a joke.

It seems your idea of "giving your rep back" is adding another negative point....

Oh well maybe your finger slipped and you hit the wrong one. :rolleyes:

HHAAHAHAHAH! :rolleyes: Trent Reznor, HERE! HA! I'd crap my self out of pure shock!

Hey since were talking Trent and all.
Whats your favorite NIN song/album and why?

Odly enough I dont have a favorite song but I love the entire "The Fragile" double album. The soundscape that album covers is just amazing.

When that album came out they had a short interview with Trent on MTV just before the MTV Music awards.
they showed shots of his studio and his gear and the PILES and I Mean PILES!!!! of Effects pedals.

His studio was monsterous but the sounds are what just amazed me.

Well back to my Triton...... :o

-Blaze

u know whats fucked up,

sure u can hang around here pretending u're someone famous and naked,

but i sent u some PM's a while ago, i didn't want to start an open thread and i told u i dont like it that u use the name of a different person,

u kinda assured me that u really are him,

thats shit man, not that i believed it since i dont believe that trent would ask on a forum "how does a DA88 work" or what was it, where's ur protools man ????

so anyway, pulling a joke can be fun, but just lying and lying,

u'll go to heaven, u know that?

(ps, if u joined those NIN remix contests u would have noticed that on his vox and other tracks there are tons of fx, short automixes, so i know they love pushing buttons, and i saw pictures of their equipment, rooms full, more than i'll ever have... OK, recording drums in a garage is one thing,
but i thought most of their stuff was drumcomputers)

Trents guitar sound..

hello... first of all.. he uses a line6 veta II head, a few pedals.. also he used guitar rig and reaktor as a pedal board... the signals runs trough guitar rig then go to a real tube amp... then a condenser mic in the cabinet, and controls a modules everythings with reaktor.. oscilators and stuff...

Back