new Marshall line of amps

DaisyCutter

How often does Marshall come out with a revised amp line?

I see that the AVT's were last updated in 2000.
And Marshall just came out with the ModeFour line.

It's 2003, do you think Marshall will come out with a new line of amps this year or next year at the earliest?

Well the JCM 800 was basically '80s, the 900 was the '90s and the 2000 is this decade. I don't know about mode four, but it seems to be a sort of real tube modeling amp of sorts, but not really, but some what...if that makes any sense...

Gee, that douche from Sum41 is endorsing the ModeFour. I better go pick one up right away...

It looks like a big, loud nu-metal amp to me. Now they have even more distortion to cover up their lack of skill.

TheGuitarMan said:
Gee, that douche from Sum41 is endorsing the ModeFour. I better go pick one up right away...

It looks like a big, loud nu-metal amp to me. Now they have even more distortion to cover up their lack of skill.

Their all tube offerings are outta my price range anyways.

I'm looking at a Marshall AVT, Fender or Carvin combo.

I just hate buying something at the end of it's life cycle.

Where it is in it's life cycle really shouldn't matter. It's not like you're buying a car that will be outdated. A good amp is a good amp regardless of how old it is. Go to the shop and listen. If you like the sound, buy it.

If you are looking at a NEW Marshall ATV, you can get a used 900 for about 5 bills. And they will take any solid state to town and back.

LocusLarsen said:
If you are looking at a NEW Marshall ATV, you can get a used 900 for about 5 bills. And they will take any solid state to town and back.

I'll look into the 900's.
I was looking at the AVT's because they have a speaker emulated out that would be useful to me for recording.

I've always had solid state power amps powering tube preamp units. So solid state power amps don't bother me much since I've never owned a real tube amp.

I'll check out ol' eBay for some 900's.

Back