Ibanez locking trem tension question

Progger

I have an Ibanez s370-DX. I added two springs to the trem, now I have a total of five, and it still goes out of tune when I dive it. The manual says I should keep the bridge perpindicular to the surface of the guitar, but that would mean considerably lowering the tension, therefore making it even more unstable. I need to INCREASE, not decrease the tension, so that the trem pulls up even more. It doesn't seem like the angle of the trem should make any difference at all. Am I wrong?

I doubt the number of springs are the problem.It should work fine with three springs, unless you are using strings heavier than .10 guage.To adjust the bridge angle, tighten the screws that anchor the springs to the body.Yes, it should be parallel to the body.If that doesn't help, the strings are probably slipping at the lock nut or the fulcrum points are worn or boogered up.I would suggest taking it for a pro setup.

...or try of one those HipShot TremSetters....
Can't remember the URL, but try Google...
They are great!!!

I would highly recommend you go to jemsite.com or Ibanezrules for detailed info on setting up the trem.
The angle of the trem is critical for the knife edges to balance properly on the trem posts.
I think your trem is a trsII or a lotrs which isn't as good as an edge or lopro but you should still get it to stay in tune for dive bombing.
Good luck.

Back