I have a chance to buy a takamine bass real cheap?

Freudian Slip

OK here is the deal. A buddy of mine who works for a tow company has a bass that came with an impound car. The owner of the company is trying to sell off the bass and some other stuff.

I am wondering what the hell is up with this bass. I have not seen it yet but, It is a solid body neck threw bass with two J style pickups. The body shap he says is very strange. he said sort of like an axe. It has worn threw finish under the strings so..... I am figuring it is pretty old and has been played on with a pick for years.

The fellow who lost it is pretty pissed.

My friend also has a sunn head and speaker cab. the cab sounds like it might be 4 12's. My friend (our drummer) says the cab is way bigger than our guitarists 4-10 marshall cab. He also has a mini cortez bass (never heard of that??).

Any way I think I could score this Takamine bass (wich is missing two dot inlays on the neck) for $50.00 to $75.00. and the amp and head for around the same.

The cortex mini bass, I have no idea

Is this bass woth it or not? Is the head and cab worth $50.00 ?

Thanks

f.s.

for that price I'd buy it all.... I got a Fender Bassman 135 with the cabinet from friend that was a deputy sheriff in Shrieveport that was in on a drug bust. He gave me the amp..

id get it at that price....if its crap you can dump it on ebay for a nice profit.....

Toki987 said:
I got a Fender Bassman 135 with the cabinet from friend that was a deputy sheriff in Shrieveport that was in on a drug bust.

man i miss that amp...fuckin' pigs......:D

Ya I found one refference to a solid body takamine on a search but it lead nowhere. The sun cab and head I think would be worth while. And I think I'll grab the bass too.
Ging to look at it today.

I'll let you know.

F.S.

Back