how do i record with an amp modeller?

MetalMeshuggahM

i own a V-Amp2 (i like it) and when i first tried recording i noticed that the computer monitor gave interference, how do i beat this?

also if you have an amp modeller let me in on how you record with it

Welcome fellow Aussie to the board.

i own a V-Amp2 (i like it) and when i first tried recording i noticed that the computer monitor gave interference, how do i beat this?

Does your guitar have single coil pickups?
If so stay as far away as possible from the monitor as it will interfer as it sends out a magnetic field. This won't happen with humbuckers.

also if you have an amp modeller let me in on how you record with it

I own a V AMP 1. First I get the sound I want through my speakers and then come out of the back into my soundcard and record on Cool Edit Pro 2.

Tukkis

Tukkis has you dialed in. The monitor isn't interfering with your amp modeler, it's interfering with your guitar.

I have a Charvel model 4 (same pickups as your 6) and my monitor has a field day with them -- especially the humbucker! I think it's the fact the that the pickup is active (you know that little 9 v battery you have to replace once in a while) that makes it so bad. I find I get less interference when I use the humbucker in conjunction with the front single-coil pick-up.

And, I've been spending a lot of time looking for the perfect LCD monitor to replace my aging Sony Trinitron. That seems like the "right" answer in the end. Less radition is good radiation.

The cheapest solution.......

...turn off your monitor while you're recording!

(and learn them s/w function keys -- you didn't need a monitor to record with your 4-tracker, did ya????!?!?!) ;)

Re: The cheapest solution.......

Blue Bear Sound said:
...turn off your monitor while you're recording!

(and learn them s/w function keys -- you didn't need a monitor to record with your 4-tracker, did ya????!?!?!) ;)

that true, although I rely on visual cues in SONAR a lot , like when a midi track starts/stops, certain marks in the tune, etc....but your right, you could just as easily use your ears.

Back