High End Catalog Guitars

Flamin Lip

Was replying to another thread from a guy looking to buy a PRS or LP online, and it got me thinking. Have any of you guys bought high end(over $2000) guitars online without playin em? Admittedly, I am pretty choosy about the unique inner voice each of my guitars possesses, I do have the cash to spend, and I am fortunate enough to live in the city w/ decent guit shops, but I would never spend that kinda cash w/out playing it first.

Any good/bad experiences with this? Most local shops will match online pricing anyway, so whats the use in buying w/out a propper test drive?

EBAY IS DIFFERENT TRYIN TO FIND A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH.

noodles2k5 said:
What kind of shops match online pricing? I'll hafta come down to New Orleans more often.

we've got 3 stores in my area, and i know that 2 of them will give you at least the catalog price (plus shipping) sometimes they can do better. i've never actually shopped at the other store, so i don't know if they will price match or not.

I think most stored price match with the internet and catalog guys these days. they lose too much business if they don't. some are stubborn assholes, but I imagine those stores are few and far between and don't stay in business long.

the store I shop at can give me better deals on certain brands than any online or catalog dealer can. like gibson, martin, marshall, and pearl.

Most brick and mortar stores, will match and often beat catalog/net pricing. Just dont be afraid to ask. But as long as they can come close on the price, I would rather keep my cash local(but thats not the point of this post).

i've bought many guitars online without playing the particular guitar in question. but i always make sure to at least play the TYPE of guitar i am buying in a local store beforehand.

Back