GT8 Acoustic functionality

timthetortoise

MADE OF SANDALWOOD
I caved and got a GT8. Mostly for replacing my effects, but I just found out a nifty feature about it: the acoustic simulator is incredible!
I just recorded an improv thing, so bear with the repetitive and uncreative playing, but man is it convincing! High frequency hiss is from my soundcard, as my recording equipment is an hour away at the moment.
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=6275

The Boss GT series has been the only modeller/multi-effects unit to truly impress me.

I don't know if its the user or the unit itself, but it seems that every time I hear a modelled guitar tone, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I can usually just pick it out like it was a weird odor.

But the Boss GT series has been the only modeller to fool me into thinking it was a mic'd cab. I've listened to a couple of tracks with a GT6 or GT7 on it, and it really sounded like a crisp, clear mic'd guitar amp. There's just something about it.

Again, that could be more a factor of the users not tweaking the patches on a POD or VAmp to where they don't sound like a 1980's car commercial.

Back