First Rig, Current Rig

aaronmcoleman

The truth is out there!
So what was your first guitar set-up and what's your current?

1st: MIM strat into a borrowed champ, and a digital metalizer pedal!

Current: '62 AVRI Jazzmaster or MIM strat (same one with p90s and lots of mods) into a Dr. Z maz 18, and lots of cool pedals.

thanks...I'm just curious

Started out on a Peavey Telecaster copy (Reactor maybe?) into a terible 80's peavey Musician solid state head with a 2x12 cab. I am currently playing a 79 Les Paul Custom into a Engl E 650. Upgraded Slightly :)

My first rig was a SG copy into an Epiphpne tube amp and my current rig is a strat into a fender hot rod deville

First rig was a 63 Gibson Melody Maker (still have it) into a Ampeg B42X. Also had a Univox Super Fuzz and a Small Stone. That was tits and ass back then.
Now it's a 98 American Strat, 71 Tele and a Sammick Artist Pro (335 copy) into a Ampeg Gemini VI and a Rivera Pubster.

My 1st rig as bassist - Coronet EB short scale copy with obligatory flat wound strings (it was 1974 after all) through a Coronet 10w combo guitar amp.
My Current rig - a Vantage bass through a Marshall Superbass MkII & Etone single cone 200w box OR a Behringer BDI21.

My 1st rig as guitarist - Bruno Royal Artist thinline semiacoustic through a Jade Clubman LB 80 & Etone box as above.
My current rig - Bruno Royal Artist as above, (diff guitar as the original was stolen), through a Marshall Superbass MkII & Marshall 4x12 box.
As you can see I like a little MIJ in my hands.

Ah, I forgot about bass. My first and still current bass rig was a Rickenbacker 4001 into two Acoustic 450's into two folded horn cabs with a 15" in each one.

First rig as electric guitarist - Lotus strat into a small 15w Johnson Amp.

Now - Fender Strat deluxe plus -> Boss Ds-1 -> Digitech Multi Effect Pedal -> 100w Fender Frontman amp.

First rig as classical/flamenco guitarist - Budget Yamaha guitar.

Now - Vintage nylon (I say nylon because it was made without a distinction of nylon or classical. They were still very similar then.) guitar. Cordoba 45fp

First Electric rig; Encore Strat copy into a Zoom 505 into a borrowed bass amp :facepalm:

Current Rig; Squire Tele Custom II into an Marshal MG100FX

First Acoustic rig; Encore electroacoustic (which i gave to a mate who redid the finish on it, took of the encore badge and sold it for more than i had originally paid for it!)

Current rig; Taylor Big Baby with a Fishman Rare Earth Blend installed

My first was an 81 G&L SC-2 that I bought with an amp (which I can't even remember the name) for $150 from the guitar player in the band I played bass in. i was never to return to the bass full time after that. Still have the guitar (currently signed by members of Little Feat, Anders Osbourne, Eric Lindell, Tab Benoit, Billy Iuso and Robert Randolph).

Current is an Epiphone DOT into a '61 Brown face Princeton.

Bill L

My first rig was a Japanese copy of something resembling a strat, played through an old reel to reel tape deck with an 8" speaker cab. This old tape deck was tube and used paper tape. DAMN! I feel old.
My next rig was a Hagstrom Swede through a GBX with four twelves. Ugly amp.

Currently, I have a '73 Strat and an '81 Hagstrom Swede with a Roland JC 120 and a host of pedals. I miss my '65 Twin! Oh....I also use a 2012 Squire CV series Tele. Very nice guitar.

First electric rig:
A Gibson SG into a Kustom "blue sparkle" 2X12

Current Rig
American Strat (or a Mexi Tele) into a Vox AD30

My first rig, that wasn't mooched off a friend was a "Vintage" Sears Roebuck Dana Telecaster run thru a Boss DS-1 into a Yamaha G100>Yamaha 4x12. It didn't sound very good. Before that i sponged off my little brother and his Yamaha Pacifca or whatever it was and a Peavey amp of my dads.

I don't play live anymore so my current rig varies on whatever sound I want to come out of my POD using a Gibson LP Jr with Dual P90's or my Epiphone LP Flametop with stock pick-ups and I am ok with this. I don't really need ("Need" is fiancee speak for "have room or money for") an amp right now.

Back